Earth Day & Greening
The Tadasana Festival is proud to partner with Sustainable Works in helping create a zero waste festival over Earth Day Weekend. Our greening efforts include:
- City-wide effort to carpool, bike, walk and use public transportation to get to Tadasana Festival.
- Marketing Materials printed with soy-based inks on FCS recycled paper
- Zero-Waste Stations: Recycling, Composting and Reuse
- Our Wate Management Program will work in conjunction with the City of Santa Monica to strive for a low waste event
- Organic cotton used for Tadasana t-shirts
- Stainless steel water bottles sold on-site.
- Community Education Program: The Tadasana Waste Team will work with participants to better understand the size of their carbon footprint and and how to lessen it.
- Lecture Series: Showcasing environmental topics from business to everyday living.
Santa Monica’s Sustainable Mission
Recognized as one of the top ten sustainable cities in the U.S., Santa Monica is committed to ensuring that, “as a community, we can live well today without compromising the ability of future generations to do the same.”